Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Teaching Practice

4. Teaching Practice
1.1 Procedures of Teaching

When I came to the classroom, the students gave greeting then I or a student led the pray before start the class. Then, I gave them motivation as in the lesson plan (3.2 Teaching Plan). After giving motivation, I started the lesson by giving them the title and asking them what they know about the title of the lesson we were going to learn. After some students gave their opinion or answer for the question, I showed the learning objectives of the lesson to them so they could know what we need to achieve after learning the lesson. Then, I started to explain one by one the parts of the lesson. For Adjective, I started explain the types of adjective and gave some examples. For Preposition, I explained the type of preposition and gave some examples. I asked them the definitions of each types of adjective or preposition. I tried to make them more active in the classroom. I asked them to give other examples about the types of adjective or preposition. Then, I gave them some games and asked them to participate in it to make the class more interesting. Before I end the class, I asked them again about what they know for adjective or preposition to review the lesson on that day. In the end of the class, I or a student led the pray and the students gave me greeting.



1.2 Time Management and Organizing Activities
In the lesson plan in 3.2 Teaching Plan, there are Motivation, Lesson Development, Synthesis, and Application/Valuing. There are 5 minutes for Motivation, 50 minutes for Lesson Development, 10 minutes for Synthesis, and 10 minutes for Application/Valuing. So, the time to teach English in the classroom is 75 minutes or 1 hour 15 minutes. In motivation, the teacher can give an interesting video or some words related to the lesson. In Synthesis, the teacher can give the students games or tasks about the lesson.

1.3 Problem-Solving
When there were some students got confused about the lesson, I gave more explanation and more examples or asked other students who could help or gave more explanation about what they know and we discussed it together.

1.4 Classroom Management
As long as I explained the lesson in front of the students, all of them were pay attention to me so the class is not noisy and good. So it was easy to manage them in the classroom. But sometimes they were noisy when we played games, so when some students wanted to answer the questions in the game, I asked them to listen to their friends because I divided them into 2 or 3 groups and gave them some questions or asked them to give questions to other groups and we had fun together.

No comments:

Post a Comment