Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Summary and Suggestions

Image result for sea-teacher 
6. Summary and Suggestions
1.1 Purpose of Practicum
The main purpose of the teaching practicum is to provide student teachers with authentic hands-on experience in teaching. This is required to develop their teaching skills and to start collecting experiences to enrich their professional wisdom. It is not enough to read about teaching or to observe others teach, something students have done for years. Theoretically, we should all be able to teach classes upon graduating from high school because we watched so many teachers teach.

1.2 Procedures of Practicum
The student is responsible for searching out and applying for practicum opportunities in the field. The university supervisor will help as a guide in the process but ultimate responsibility for finding an experience rests with the students. The first procedure of practicum is observation. In this first procedure, the student teacher will asked to come in the classroom with his/her mentor and observe the way his/her mentor teaches in the classroom. The second procedure is teaching assistantship. Here the student teacher will collaborate with his/her mentor in teaching the classroom. The mentor probably will do the opening of the class and the student teacher will explain the lesson then the mentor will end the class or the student teacher will do the opening of the class and the mentor will explain the lesson then the student teacher will end the class. This way to make the student teacher how to manage the classroom. The third is independent teaching. In this third procedure, the student teacher will teach the class independently. The fourth or last procedure is evaluation. In this procedure, the supervisor and the mentor will evaluate the way of the student teacher teaches the class. This is called final demo teaching.


1.3 Outcome of Practicum
I had learned a lot of teaching in this practicum program. I taught students in other country, in Philippines and it increased my English skill. I gained more confidence because I had taught foreign learners. I also got many experiences in Philippines, I learned Tagalog or Filipino Language, culture, I tasted food of Philippines, I got new friends there and many things more.
 

1.4 The Challanges of Practicum
In teaching the students of Philippines, I had to do hard work to complete all the tasks in short time during teaching there, and sometimes I could not understand what the people there say in English. That's the challanges of practicum there for me.

1.5 Overall Impression
The people in Philippines are nice and kind. They welcomed us friendly. That is the good memory I have when I was there. I am so lucky to join this program because through this program, I could know how the cultures are in other country, Philippines, how the people are there, what the people's habit there, and many good experiences.

1.6 Suggestion for Future Improvement 
I hope this program become more great, make more chances for whom interested in this program and make more the student teachers out there can be great teachers after joining this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment